Has anyone ever pitched a pie as healthy? Maybe not, but this one is just as delicious with much less sugar! It’s good on its own, but we’d recommend serving this with whipped cream, or maybe even the cookie and nut crumble we use on our Grain Free Mini Apple Crisps. Either way, after you serve this to your family or friends you might be in charge of bringing the sweet potato pie every year. Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 box of Thrive Tribe Chocolate Brownie Paleo Cookies
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Butter
- Crumble 3 packs (9 Cookies) into small dime sized pieces. If you have trouble crumbling the cookie, try microwaving it a few seconds at a time until soft. Add in cinnamon.
- Melt butter and when it’s cool, beat in 1 egg and honey. Stir in the crumbled cookie until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into your pie dish that is lined with parchment paper on the bottom. Make sure the batter is evenly distributed across the bottom and edges. Put in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and boil it for 30 minutes until tender.
- Mix sweet potato with heavy cream (avoid mashing to keep the texture smooth)
- Whisk in the remaining 2 eggs until it forms a semi-runny batter.
- Pour the batter into the pie dish with your crust and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool then put in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
This recipe is a part of the 2018 Pinhole Press Holiday Bake Off, read more about it and try this recipe to be considered for their grand prize!