The best desserts for the Holidays are the ones where you seem to not have to share! These individual Grain Free Mini Apple Crips are scrumptious and perfectly portioned. Dive right into the delicious sweet cinnamon crumble with a warm apple filling inside—crunchy and soft, this recipe is sure to be your new favorite! Servings: 5-6 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 boxes of Thrive Tribe Sweet Cinnamon Paleo Cookies
- 3-4 Apples
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Walnuts or Pecans (crushed)
- Break down 4 packs of cookies into pieces and turn into a fine powder with a food processor (or blender). If the cookies are hard to break, try microwaving for a few seconds at a time until soft and breakable.
- Add in coconut oil and egg and mix until a ball is formed.
- Butter or grease your muffin tin and press the mixture thinly and evenly into the bottom and walls of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Your batter may rise during this time and if it does, press it down firmly with the back of a spoon to make room for the filling after baking.
- Peel and slice apples into thin strips.
- In a large bowl mix apples with vanilla, lemon juice, butter, nutmeg, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix until the apple slices are evenly coated.
- Place the apple pie filling into the pie crusts.
- Crush nuts and cookies into small, crumbled pieces but not as fine as the powder used for the crust.
- In a bowl, mix nuts, cookies, a dash of cinnamon and spread this mixture evenly across each pie filling. Drizzle honey over the top of each crumbled crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top and sides. Enjoy!
This recipe is a part of the 2018 Pinhole Press Holiday Bake Off, read more about it and try this recipe to be considered for their grand prize!