There’s no such thing as a magic ingredient.. but turmeric may be the closest thing to it. I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of buzz about Turmeric and how popular it is these days. Turmeric, found in Thrive Tribe’s Chocolate Almond bar, has an array of benefits that help the body recover from stress and exercise as well as support healthy whole body inflammation. Some of the health benefits of Turmeric include…
- Promotes overall well-being and healthy aging
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory compound which supports healthy whole body inflammation response
- Supports the health of cells and tissues before or after physical exercise
- Helps maintain an overall healthy response to physical or mental stress.
Homemade Turmeric Face Mask
Not only does Turmeric have extraordinary benefits for the human body internally, but it also has nutrients perfect for nourishing and rejuvenating skin. Turmeric is known for reducing redness on the face caused by anything from acne to sunburn. The combination of Turmeric, Honey, and Yogurt leave the skin feeling soft, silky, and rejuvenated for the day ahead.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of plain natural yogurt (or milk)
Mix the turmeric, honey, and yogurt into a bowl. You can adjust the amount of honey and yogurt you include to create the perfect thickness. Wash your face with water and remove any leftover makeup.
Apply the turmeric face mask evenly onto your face and let dry. After around 20 minutes, gently wash off face mask with cool water and dry gently with a cloth. (Tip: use a cloth you don’t care about because Turmeric can stain things easily)! If there’s any yellow remaining on your face us a gentle cleanser to remove it.